The SharePoint Monitoring Toolkit helps you manage Microsoft SharePoint environments of all sizes with two new management packs for System Center Operations Manager 2007:
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 Management Pack
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Management Pack
These packs monitor the health state of the components in your SharePoint environment that affect performance and availability.
When there is an issue that may cause service or performance degradation, Operations Manager 2007 uses the management packs to detect the issue, alert you to its existence, and facilitate diagnosis and corrective actions.
The management packs monitor:
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 related services (Timer, Tracing and Search)
- Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 related Events
- Web server applications such as Internet Information Services (IIS)
- IIS-related Events
- Microsoft SQL Server database-related events
- WSS Server performance
Sounds like these are a MUST for any SharePoint environment !
Click here for further details – and download link.