With the introduction of SharePoint by many organisations, and for many developers and business users getting up to speed, there is a wealth of training and education materials arriving from Microsoft.
The latest that I’ve seen is the BPIO University – or Business Productivity Infrastructure Optimisation (phew !)
You can think of BPIO as the sum of two parts:
- Business Productivity Infrastructure, or BPI, an emerging software category driven by long-term organizational trends, dynamic workplace requirements and technology convergence;
- Infrastructure Optimization, or IO, a set of tools and processes to help assess current infrastructure, prioritize investments, and build a strategy for long-term infrastructure evolution.
Business Productivity Infrastructure Optimization, or BPIO, will enable you to partner with customers to build a vision and roadmap for strategic technology investment.
It will connect your sales, marketing and delivery to drive revenue growth and customer success.
And it will help you identify joint revenue opportunities with Microsoft and select winning sales strategies.
There’s a whole heap of training in different areas :
- IT Pro MOSS 2007 & WSS 3.0
- Advanced IT Professional Courses for Microsoft Office 2007 and Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Portals & Collaboration
- Architecting Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Portals and Collaboration Solutions
- Web Content Management
- Architecting Web Content Management Solutions with Microsoft® Office SharePoint® Server 2007
- Document & Records Management
- Architecting Documents and Records Management Solutions with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Enterprise Search
- Architecting Enterprise Search with Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Business Intelligence
- Microsoft® Office PerformancePoint™ Server 2007 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 for Business Intelligence
When you click on the “country” you reside (Australia), you’ll see links to videos and so forth with local language :
BPIO U Online is comprised of eight modules (1 hour each), each delivered by subject matter experts in a streaming video format.
You can either start with the BPIO Overview module or jump right to the specific BPIO capability, such as Business Intelligence or Enterprise Search, that you are looking for.
NB. I think you need to be affiliated with a Microsoft Gold Certified Partner (via Partner Learning Centre)