Found an interesting and thought-provoking article from SharePointMagazine.net
Why are SharePoint projects difficult to deliver?
There are many reasons why SharePoint related projects run into difficulty and like any other IT project, they fall under the following headlines well documented by others:
- Poor Scope Definition
- No inherent Project Culture within the business
- Poor Stakeholder Management
- Poor Project Governance
- Poor Project Management skills
- Weak Planning (for the project and beyond once it has been deployed)
- Lack of proper change and risk identification and management.
However, there are other reasons that organisations need to be aware of – ie. specific to SharePoint.
Read the full article here.