Today is Melbourne’s turn to host SharePoint Saturday – with a bunch of presentations, demos and a panel session – all discussing SharePoint – and the entire event is FREE – for the people, by the people.
Lots of great topics about SharePoint 2010 – all the new features, developer need-to-know’s, Office 2010 client, and 3rd-party product demo’s such as Nintex, and K2.
I’m doing a double-up session with Tim Wragg (StarGate) – about Enterprise Search within MOSS (2007).
He’ll be showing some of the customisation and configuration that you can achieve with OOTB components for SharePoint – and I’ll then discuss the extensibility story with search – using the SharePoint SDK & API.
Here’s a few of the topics I’ll be covering :
- Create a custom coded webpart with C# – new UI for Search
- Call to the SQLFullTextQuery class to retrieve search results
- Demo of a utility to assist – called SharePoint Search Service Tool (CodePlex)
- Discussion of CustomProtocolHandler to extend even further
- Search Admin using code – for creating scopes, properties, etc
Hope to see you at the session – I’ll load up the PPTX (slide deck) after all is said and done – and you can have a look at your leisure.
UPDATE : Here’s a link to the slide deck from today’s session (~1.8MB zip). .
…and here is the prank BSOD I used – thought I’d get a few more “gasps” or “laughs”…