Aside from the development aspects of SharePoint 2010, there is also a bunch of ‘client side’ development that you can do within Office 2010 – using Visual Studio 2010.
Microsoft & Channel 9 have provided a bunch of training material – including :
hands-on labs, presentations, source code, and instructor-led videos
….. designed to help you learn how to develop for Office 2010 and SharePoint 2010.
Each of the HOLs in the training kit have a number of exercises to incrementally present the concepts and help the developer build their skills. The labs included in the training kit are:
- Getting Started with Office 2010 Development
- Office 2010 UI Customizations
- Client Workflow
- Security and Deployment
- Open XML
- InfoPath and Forms Services
- Business Connectivity Services
- Office 2010 Service Applications
- Developing BI Applications