I’ve used the STSADM commands within SharePoint for many, many years, and with a lot more SharePoint 2010 activity, I’m deliberately forcing myself to use the PowerShell alternative.
The “deploy” and “activate” feature commands are probably the MOST used (for me, at least) – so the equivalent commands are these ones ;
(1) Add Solution
- stsadm –o addsolution –filename “D:DeployMySharePointSolution.wsp“
- Add-SPSolution “D:DeployMySharePointSolution.wsp“
(2) Deploy Solution
- stsadm –o deploysolution –name MySharePointSolution.wsp –url http://myspwebappp –allowgacdeployment –immediate
- Install-SPSolution –Identity MySharePointSolution.wsp –WebApplication http://myspwebapp –GACDeployment
(3) Activate Feature
- stsadm –o activatefeature –name MyFeatureName –url http://myspwebapp
- Enable-SPFeature –Identity MyFeatureNameOrGuid –url http://myspwebapp
Check out this link from Patrick Boom – he also covers Retract, Delete and Deactivate.