Have just completed my session at SharePoint Saturday in Melbourne – and (phew) all my demo’s worked !
For those that weren’t there, I covered :
- SharePoint 2010 – Client Object Model – cut-down API for out-of-process client/s
- Architecture – how it works via proxy + object model (diagram)
- WinForm demo – C# code to add a list item
- Silverlight demo – XAP file to list news, and have click/pop-up with news details
- Gotcha’s – with batch execute, asynchronous execute, Silverlight UI thread, etc…
In case you missed the session – or – if you were here, and would like the slides/demo – here it is – zip file including the PowerPoint presentation – and the 3 demo’s (~ 900 kb)…
Thanks everyone who attended – and gave feedback/questions during the session – I learnt a few things also, by trying out some suggestions “live”…!