I’m working on a ‘branding package’ and have been wondering why my CSS and images for the styles are not being deployed – into the “Style Library” folder within the root site.
This is for SharePoint 2010 – using a Visual Studio 2010 project.
** The new Package and Module metaphor takes a bit of getting used to !
My solution package (WSP) has the necessary FEATURES – with the corresponding files within – ie. ELEMENTS.XML – the files are correct – just not getting to the Style Library.
- Checked the ELEMENTS.XML file itself – all looks OK
- Checked the files – CSS, image and so forth – but ZERO files deployed.
- Checked the feature – and yep – looks OK.
- I was even checking the auto-generated “manifest” – and that looks OK.
Uh-oh – I think I spotted the trouble.
That’s not right !!
Yes – it turns out the ELEMENTS.XML file is being deployed ‘as a file’ – not a manifest.
- Click on the file (elements.xml)
- Change the ‘Deployment Type’ – to be ElementManifest.
- Re-build the package – and re-deploy – success !!
And – can verify this by checking the ‘packaged manifest’ also :
I’ll have to remember that for the future – in case I’m scratching my head wondering why files are NOT being deployed !