This coming Saturday is Melbourne’s turn for SharePoint Saturday – after some great events in Brisbane, Canberra and Sydney – over the last few months
SharePoint Saturday (SPSat) has become an amazing ‘movement’ within the SharePoint community – the day is free for all attendees – including lunch – thanks to generous sponsors, and a lot of hard work from the organisers (thanks – btw !)
This weekend also has SharePoint Saturday’s happening in Manila, Minnesota – and Minsk (Belarus – near Russia).
Make sure you don’t go to the wrong venue – NOT at the Hotel Victoria !
For *MY* presentation this Saturday, I have re-jigged my session from TechEd – showing how to implement jQuery within a SharePoint 2010 environment.
I’ll show a quick overview – and then onto some demo’s :
- Include jQuery within the Master Page
- Add a DataView WebPart
- Change some XSLT
- And voila !
- Animations without using FLASH…(!)
The demos will cover three main functions/features :
- Image Rotator
- News Rotator
Each of these are easy to get working – with some great tips & tricks for data views as well – DON’T write code for rendering out data ! I’ll show you why/how.
After SharePoint Saturday, I’ll write up a little more about the demo’s – and have some code/samples to download. But – for now – you’ll just have to come along and see !
Here are the main details :
- Register via EventBrite : SharePoint Saturday Melbourne – Oct. 22nd
- Venue : Cliftons, 1/440 Collins St, Melbourne
- Click here to check out the schedule (PDF) – with the list of speakers and topics – and timeslots
- And – if you can’t make it along – follow the action via Twitter – using the hashtag #SPSMEL
P.S. This event is being presented/supported by the “Melbourne SharePoint User Group” (MSPUG).
Hope to see you there – Viva la SharePoint Saturday !